November 27th, 2013
|04:11 pm - Not as bad as first thought, but still.|
Today turned in the Lenovo to get the charging jack fixed. Cost, appox $200 US. Nowhere near as bad as first thought, so yay there. I'll have it back just in time for Xmas.
Brief rundown of what's been accomplised today.
- Picked up chafing dishes to keep things warm
- Turned in Lenove, as mentioned.
- Picked up butcher paper to use as tablecloths. Found we already have lotsa crayons and such. Yay!
- Picked up turkey and three appetizer trays.
- Took out trash, and put returnables into the van.
- Started clearing out the office so we can sleep there. Other guest spaces will be occupied.
- Stored spare comps. Can't wait to gather together another $200 to make one active.
- Installed Ubuntu 13.10 on the Toshiba, since I deleted the one partition on 13.04, and couldn't get it back. Still much to configure, but the basics are done and ready.
- Keeping track of nieces in transit to our house.
- Since Ubuntu 13.10 is proving stable enough, upgraded the desktop to it as well.
So yeah, a little busy.
As a side note, once the Lenovo is returned, I shall be converting it to a dual boot machine between Ubuntu and Win 7. I know I have the recovery DVD's around here somewhere. That's always the first thing I do when I boot a new laptop up.
EDIT: Great news! For Xmas I've just been informed we'll be off till 1/2/2014. So yay for that! Been a certain New Year's party I've been dying to get back to. Well, both the mate AND I have been wanting it. Double yay!
Current Location: McMinnville, OR
Current Mood: busy busy busy!
Current Music: Soul Coughing - Walk Around in Circles